As Brexit approaches, we would like to inform you what the consequences will be for submitting samples from the United Kingdom (UK) to Royal GD after the 1st of January 2021.The UK will no longer be a Member State of the European Union and become a non EU country.
Import permit non EU countries.
For submitting samples of animal by-products and pathogens from non EU countries our import permit is applicable. This permit is provided to GD by the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) and allows us to receive samples of all animal species from non EU countries.
We have to comply with the following permit conditions:
- The consignment must be transported by air and imported through an approved border control post (BCP) at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (AMS).
- Each consignment needs to be inspected by an official veterinarian of the NVWA and needs to be accompanied by a copy of the import permit and an original document that mentions the nature, the quantity and the origin of the product.
When this import procedure is not performed accordingly, GD is not allowed to accept and process the samples. There will be no possibility of returning the samples as we are obliged to destroy these samples. Therefore please always inform GD before submitting samples in order to obtain the documents necessary and to get you aligned with the custom agency who will guide you through the import procedure.
E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +31 88 20 25 575
Please take into acount that submitting samples according to this conditions will lead to import handling charges which can rise up to approximately €350,- per submission excluding transport.
Exemptions (no import conditions needed)
According to the NVWA there are a few exemptions when no import permit is needed:
- FTA Cards when put through a microwave treatment for twenty seconds at 900 watt so that potential infectious pathogens present have been inactivated;
- Microscopic preparations of animal tissue and material fixed in formalin, irradiated or treated in any other way so that potential infectious pathogens present have been inactivated;
- Monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies, purified proteins, animal cell lines, cells of animal origin and samples of RNA & DNA stored in serum or plasma medium / buffer, not being infectious and pathogenic, and not carrying pathogens.
If applicable, you can continue to submit these sample materials to GD. Please download the relevant submission forms on our website, complete and sign the form and add this to the package with samples.
If you are not sure which conditions apply to which sample material, please do not hesitate to contact us.